Hi, all. Last weekend my very oldest friend, Heidi, came to spend the weekend with us! On Friday she took the train up from San Diego (where she was attending a conference) to Moorpark. Saturday we started our beautiful sunny day at the Descanso Gardens. The kids and I visited the gardens once before with Aunt Ellen and loved it...and we loved it again this year! It's not a very formal garden, though it is divided into themed areas. There is always something in bloom every month of the year and there is a real air of peace and beauty there. After a yummy lunch at Zankou Chicken (where they have the BEST garlic spread EVER), we headed home for a nap. But later in the afternoon, we headed out again to pick strawberries! We took a tractor ride out to the strawberry field and each picked a pound of berries. In the evenings, after the kids were in bed, Chris and I introduced Heidi to the joys of Guitar Hero! She rocked! Finally on Sunday, Heidi and I got to have a ladies-only lunch and go shopping!
PICTURES 4/4/09
PICTURES 4/5/09
No comments:
Post a Comment