Hi, all. It happens every year around this time, I think. I just can't seem to update the website during February/early March. Anyways, I'm back and have lots of pics to share. First, we have a few extra photos from our sledding trip on Valentines day (2/14/09_b). Then we have a bunch of "around the house" stuff (3/21/09) including taking down John's crib, building a new herb garden and planting our vegetable garden and Chris' outdoor fire pit. If you've been reading Chris' blog, you'll have seen some of these pics already...he's been much better about writing than I've been lately! I've added captions to a lot of the pictures since there are so many. Finally in the album 3/27/09, I have a picture of my birthday cherry pies and one of the beautiful roses Chris and the kids gave me. Also some pics of Virginia and her Care Bears cake since that is what I spent my whole birthday doing...decorating cakes! It was a nice way to spend the day. :) I will say that I'm pretty proud of the cakes this year...I managed to remain patient and not rush the prep, assembly or decorating...at least not until the very very end. Then, I will admit I lost it and was unable to do any writing. But I don't think they suffered much from that. I really enjoyed my new gel food coloring and was impressed by the deep red (it took a whole jar!), green and black I was able to make. I will also mention that since we were using Oreos on J's Cars cake (they look like tires!), I made the cake inside look like a big Oreo too. I don't think we have a picture of it, but the cake was chocolate-white-chocolate inside. I got the idea for J's cake from pictures on the internet and the idea for the M&M rainbow too. Chris has given me a cake decorating class for my birthday, so we'll see what I can manage after that. Roses? Fondant? Who knows!?
PICTURES 2/14/09_b
PICTURES 3/21/09
PICTURES 3/27/09
No comments:
Post a Comment